Men's Retreat: September 14 - 16, 2018
Here at Silver Spur, the third weekend of September becomes home to men from all over the state and beyond! Our annual Men's Retreat provides a powerful weekend of worship, teaching and play in the beautiful Sierra foothills. The weekend is designed to let guys be guys - to take advantage of our zipline, paintball, horseshoes, water slide, giant swing, basketball, carpetball, swimming, and the famous Silver Spur food – as well as learn and grow in their faith in God.
Registration Now Open!
- Six hearty meals
- Lots of snacks
- Brotherly fellowship
- Worshipful music
- Fun activities
- Deep conversations
- Seminars focusing on God's Word
Josh Lane was born and raised in Sacramento. After working as a youth pastor for churches in Atwater and Santa Rosa, he returned home where he is currently the lead pastor for Northside Church. His call to ministry began with serving at a high school summer camp. Camp has always been a part of his heartbeat for ministry.
David Wheeler serves as the lead pastor at Sonora Community Church. He volunteers in his community by coaching and serving on the Board of Directors and for his local Little League. Previously, he worked as the Short-term Missions Coordinator for Foursquare Missions International. David and his wife, Denise, served in the United Kingdom as missionaries in 2004-2005. Before that time, he was the Youth Pastor and Worship Leader at Santa Maria Foursquare Church, located in the Central Coast of California. David enjoys fishing with his fly rod, which has made all the trout in Tuolumne County a little bit safer.
Deposit: $75 required at time of registration
Camp Fee: $165 (includes programming, food and lodging)
We are sorry, but there are no special rates for part-time attendees.
Check-in: Retreat check-in begins at 4:00 PM on Friday. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Our first session will begin at 7:30 PM and the conference will conclude with lunch on Sunday.
What to Bring
- Dress is casual. A sweater or jacket is advisable for cool nights.
- Plan on a pair of closed-toed shoes that can handle activity (required for Zipline and Giant Swing).
- Bring a Bible and a notebook, personal articles, a flashlight, toiletries, sleeping bag or bedding*, towels, and soap.
- If desired, bring your swimsuit, tennis racket, ball glove, etc.
- You may want to bring a favorite book and a battery-operated reading light.
- Remember to bring spending money for goodies and apparel from the Not Yet Famous Silver Spur Gift Shop.
The $165 retreat cost includes meals, housing, snacks and a full program. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Silver Spur can provide bedding and towels for an additional cost of $10.00.
If you have any questions about the retreat or guest registration, please contact the camp office at (209) 928-4248.