Cabin Leaders from the campers' churches are invaluable to the ministry here at Silver Spur. They partner with the camp staff and are an integral part of the camper’s experience. Any person accepting the role of Cabin Leader is committing to a position of great responsibility and should be mature spiritually and emotionally. You will be expected to conduct yourself in a manner that is a credit to your church. All of your actions need to comply with common sense, health, safety and the standards and rules for campers and staff. The Cabin Leader is the one who is to invest in others, not the one coming to camp to whom to be ministered.
Cabin Leaders are: Committed, Active, Followers of Christ and exhibit the following Qualities and Traits:
• Spiritual leader • Encourager • Be Yourself – Be Real!
• Listener • Proactive • Vulnerable
• Friendly • Understanding • Observant
The safety and welfare of our campers is our utmost priority and we require that individuals who choose to Cabin Lead are:
- Referred by their Church. The Church Reference form is to be completed by any of the following: Church Staff, Deacon or Elder.
- A Nationwide Background Check is done by Silver Spur.
If you have any questions concerning these requirements, please call the camp office at 209-928-4248.